What you need to know:
- Mars announces the release of their 2021 Komagatake Single Malt via lottery (link below)
- This edition will see 50,000 bottles released.
- It is a vatting of predominantly ex-Bourbon aged whisky with the addition of Sherry cask aged whisky.
- It is expected to have a fruity nose and persimmon on the palate. It is bottled at 48% abv.
- Lottery runs from 10 AM August 30th to 9:59 AM September 8th
Mars whisky is releasing their 2021 Komagatake Single Malt via lottery.
This time it’ll release a massive 50,000 bottles, which makes its 2020 edition release of 15,000 bottles pale in comparison.
Guess they felt with all that’s happening, everyone could use a drink. 🤷♂️
In any case, this will be a non-age statement release, but it is consistent with the new Japanese Whisky regulations, which is to say it was entirely distilled and matured for at least 3 years in Japan.
It is a vatting of predominantly ex-Bourbon aged whisky with the addition of Sherry cask aged whisky.
Mars says that this bottling will come with a fruity nose and a sweet persimmon flavored palate. It will be bottled at 48% abv.
The lottery runs from 10 AM August 30th to 9:59 AM September 8th 2021.
If you’re interesting in throwing your name in the hat for the lottery, you can find the link to the lottery on Mar’s webstore below:
Kanpai and Happy Hunting!