Just In 👉 Compass Box Introduces Us To Some Crimson Casks

News & New Releases

SMWS Heads To Taiwan For New Chapter

 

Arguably the largest members whisky club, the Scotch Malt Whisky Society (or SMWS), is expanding to Taiwan, as it continues its forays into Asia.

With over 38,000 subscribers globally, the SMWS and its parent Artisanal Spirits Company (ASC) has stated that with its expansion into Taiwan, the world's third largest market for Scotch whisky by value, it now has established a presence in the world's six largest markets that total up 80% of the value for the Scotch whisky market.

This comes off the back of its recent partnership in Malaysia in 2022 and South Korea in April 2023, that now also counts China and Japan as its other local chapters in Asia.

With ASC owning a 70% stake in the Taiwan entity, alongside two local owners who will own the remaining 30%, SMWS Taiwan was able to secure 500 paying members within the first day of its launch.

The SMWS Taiwan chapter will be led by Murphy Chang, who is the former brand heritage manager for Moët Hennessy Taiwan, and will be the country director.

 

Kanpai!

88 Bamboo Editorial Team